Power Transformers Market Research
Power transformers are the most crucial equipment in the substations, and also a key portion of the total substation spend of transmission system operators. Power Technology Research (PTR) sizes the opportunity for this critical equipment by looking at individual utilities in the countries to analyze the upcoming greenfield and brownfield substation projects. The number of transformers to be installed in new additions, expansions and replacement categories are then aggregated based on this information. The utility specific approach allows us to understand the grid dynamics and analyze the market in more granular detail than most of our competitors, and helps us convey a much deeper understanding of the market to our customers for their decision making. Some key questions answered in this market analysis:
- Where is the market headed?
- Which insulation technology is dominating the market?
- Who is the market leader?
- Any upcoming regulatory roadblocks which should be kept in mind?
What is Covered in this Analysis?
1. Market Sizing:
– North America (Canada, USA, Mexico)
– Europe (All EU-28 countries)
– Emerging Markets (India, China, Gulf, South Africa, Kenya, Peru, Chile
…+ 7 other emerging transformer markets)
Applications by Country:
– TSO Specific Market Sizing
– 7 Generation Technologies
– 4 Industry Sectors
Segments within Applications:
– Split by Specific Voltages (kV)
– Split by Capacity Ratings (MVA)
– Insulation Technology
> Mineral Oil
> Mineral Oil Alternatives (e.g. Ester Oil)
> Gas Insulated
2. Competitive/ Qualitative Analysis:
– Market Shares
> By Country
> By Voltage/Capacity
> Product Portfolio
> Aftersales Service Capabilities
> SWOT Analysis
– Procurement/Tender Processes
– Standards & Regulations
– Aftersales Requirements
– Sales Channel Analysis
3. Output Format:
MS Excel Database
MS PowerPoint Report
MS Power BI Dashboard