Norway’s Enova is set to fund 5 new shore power projects with an investment of around USD 3.4 million (NOK 34 million). The funding is the result of Enova’s 13th call for shore power investment support. Enova has provided funding for 119 shore power projects totaling more than USD 85 million (NOK 842 million) since 2016. The following projects will be funded by Enova:
1. Molde and Romsdal Harbor IKS will receive NOK 13.5 million to proceed with the construction of shore power plant for cruise vessels at Tindekaia, a marina in the Norwegian town of Åndalsnes. This project is expected to be completed at the end of 2023.
2. Ålesund region’s port authority (2024)
3. The Port of Stavanger — Stavangerregionen Havn IKS (2024)
4. Holmøy Maritime AS (2024)
5. A project of Plug at the Port of Bergen (2024)
Another call for new projects is planned in late 2022, which will fund future installations which are either on the drawing books of ports or projects which are awaiting their funds. Furthermore, Enova also plans to carry out an evaluation of the support programs aimed at onshore power, which also includes support for pilot projects and support for adaptation of vessels for shore power in the future.
You can reach to news at here